Google AdSense plugin

(Simeon Griggs) #199

Bump: I’m really keen to know if displaying ads by Group instead of Trust Level is something that ever might come to pass…

(Oni Automata) #200

Question, does this plugin generates an ads.txt file ?

(Michael - DiscourseHosting.com) #201

We are planning on implementing that soon. Please note that you only need an ads.txt file in the root of your domain (i.e. domain.com/ads.txt) so this only applies when you are hosting your forum on the naked domain.

Is there any way to insert domains/ads.txt in discourse?
(Oni Automata) #202

Thanks. I tested the plugin earlier but i can’t edit my adsense account on the config menu. It says there’s à problem when i try to save this parameter

(Michael - DiscourseHosting.com) #203

Disable your ad blocking software…

(Oni Automata) #204

Thanks, I didn’t thought Adblock would block this parameter so I didn’t even thought about it being activated.

Best regards

(TheBurningMan) #205

what you mean by naked domain like my discourse forum is - https://forum.buzzbasement.com

Ads are disabled here and I have no idea how I can implement this.

On main domain - buzzbasement.com I submit the ads.txt in root domain still the same problem came and no ads are showing.

Can you please explain it a little.

It looks as though you should be able to ignore it if you already have it in your root domain

In 2017 Google will only crawl and enforce ads.txt files placed on root domains, ignoring files placed on subdomains. Ensure that sellers authorized for your subdomains are included in the ads.txt file you place on your root domain. We are planning to crawl and enforce ads.txt files placed on subdomains beginning some time in early 2018. We will provide further details when this feature is available.

https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/7441288?hl=en

(Frederik L) #207

Is it possible to disable Adsense when your are logged in?

It might force users to login, so ads only visible for non logged in users…

(Bhanu Sharma) #208

You Probably can configure it to the lowest trust level.

Great idea but against google’s Adsense T&C

(Bhanu Sharma) #210

So according to Google’s T&C we can’t decide whom we want to show ads and whom we don’t?

Not quite.

They don’t want you providing a better/cleaner version of your site for pay.

(Bhanu Sharma) #212

Can You Please DM me the relevant link from Google’s Side? I Can’t seem to have notice it! That’d be a real help for me to understand exactly how that works!

(Richard - DiscourseHosting.com) #213

Please don’t DM it but post the relevant link in this topic so everybody has the information.
I can’t find it in the policy document.
AdSense program policies - AdSense Help?