Graceful theme - topic progress indicator anchors on top of reply button

(Stephen) #1

iOS12/Discourse App/ here on meta:

After the last post where the topic progress indicator is meant to anchor below the last post it actually sits on top of the reply button.

A graceful theme for Discourse
(Joffrey Jaffeux) #2

Safari view controller bug, can’t do much about it. We will get rid of it probably soon.

A recent css change might have made it worse though, but it has been working bad on safari view controller for a long time.

(Stephen) #3

It doesn’t occur with other themes though?

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #4

Do you have it when opening directly in safari?

(David Taylor) #5

I can repro on chrome desktop:

Maybe related to @pmusaraj’s change today: Fix progress bar position when theme has header elements outside #mai… · discourse/discourse@533315a · GitHub

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #6

Yes this is the commit I was refering when I said a recent commit might have made it worse.

(Stephen) #7

Yes occurs in Safari mobile too

Floating/Missing post count box
(Sam Saffron) #8

@pmusaraj can you investigate this issue?

(Kris) #10

On mobile I just had extra space to compensate for the additional padding for the theme on #main-outlet (so I removed that), for Desktop the positioning applied seems off? I don’t have any additional styles specific to the progress bar there.

(Penar Musaraj) #11

@awesomerobot this is caused by the margin-top property on #main-outlet. With the change I did earlier, that margin property causes the progress bar calculation to be wrong.

I made a PR for the Graceful theme, switching the margin-top on #main-outlet for padding-top on #main. Let me know if this doesn’t work.

(Kris) #12

Ah, noted. Will avoid adding margin to #main-outlet. Merged and fixed, thanks!

(Jeff Atwood) #13