Heart (like) button disappears after clicking

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #1

Continuing the discussion from UI Bug with “Reply as new Topic” button:

Here’s what I’m seeing right after clicking the heart icon or the “Like it too”:

Possibly another bug related to the Font Awesome upgrade?

Put likes and replies in the bar, not between the posts
(Brentley Jones) #2

No, I think it was that way before. Unlike it and the heart comes back. It might be intentional.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #3

I thought that might be the case. If it is, I don’t like it one bit. It’s highly inconsistent. Bookmark turns red (edit: changes color). Flag turns red. Heart disappears-- say what?

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Bookmark turns blue.

Red means something else.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #5

Oh right. Still doesn’t make the disappearing heart any less confusing though. It didn’t use to be like this. What was the reasoning behind the change?

(Jeff Atwood) #6

It was always like that for as long as I’ve been on the project. Not sure what you’re thinking of.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #7

Really? I seem to recall it used to turn the heart soft red after clicking it, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking. I’ll rephrase then:

What is the reasoning behind this behavior?
Personally I find it very disruptive to click a button and have it disappear on me.

(Dave McClure) #8

Always been like that - always been a little odd - never been a priority.

This was previously discussed in this thread…

I looked at the code briefly and got lost pretty quickly… likes and bookmarks are handled pretty differently under the surface.

(J Phani Mahesh) #9

The like button is like a Touch-me-not. Easily offended, and runs away if you poke. Poor thing!

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #10

If the strong red was the problem then maybe you guys should have played with the coloring more before deciding to turn it invisible upon click. Just a more dimmed out red would have gone a long way I think.

FontAwesome also has empty hearts and flags, why not just use those, like you’re already doing with bookmarks?

Let Leaders (trust level 3) edit older posts
(Jeff Atwood) #11

Heart button now stays around after tapping, and changes color per @mcwumbly’s idea to indicate more strongly what YOU liked in the topic.

(Jeff Atwood) #12