Help needed in creating plugin to redirects user to pass reCAPTCHA v2

(Anna Naumova) #1

Hello everyone.

I am a dummy to discourse(although have a little experience with javascript and Ruby on Rails…)

I was thinking to verify a user using reCAPTCHA v2 from google.

The idea is when the user visits the certain number of pages then needs to pass reCAPTCHA v2.

If he doesn’t pass this then can’t visit anything from that time.

And that the certain number of visited pages need to be input through the plugin forms.

Please excuse my pitty topic… I am new to the community. Sorry.

And very thanks to any kind of response or suggestion from you.

Regards. Anna.

you can always use cloudflare to set that up, so when a user visits your site, they have to first pass recaptcha
you can add all country via the api

(Anna Naumova) #3

Thanks for your reply @pain.

Can I make a plugin to do that?

Redirect user after visiting the certain number of pages that(the number of pages) are from plugin page.

Thanks.

if you were to set that up the UX would be annoying, no one like recaptchas, cloudflare’s is enough to block bots and ddos attacks.
also best place for you to go for plugins is #plugin category

(Jay Pfaffman) #5

Discourse had several means of thwarting spammers. Do you have a problem that you are trying to solve?

(Anna Naumova) #6

Thanks again @pain.

I know it will be annoying people to go through captcha stuff.

I don’t have experience with developing plugin so that I need some kind guide here to develop one.

That I have mentioned above.

Thank you all again. Thanks @pfaffman.

yes it will.
well if you really need a plugin you can have someone make it and you give them a fee upon their request, other than that i suggest you set up cloudflare captcha.

you can also change how often they receieve said captcha

(Anna Naumova) #8

Thank you @pain.

As I am a developer so I want to develop it by my self.

Is it difficult to make?

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #9

Did you go through the plugin tutorials?

This is also recommended reading for beginners:

Creating a captcha plugin is a good challenge to start with.

(Anna Naumova) #10

Thanks, @erlend_sh.

I have had a glance over those. But I am not sure how to make a perfect requirement for the plugin.

Will it be difficult for me to make that plugin as I mentioned above?

Thanks.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #11

Shouldn’t be very difficult, but if you have 0 idea where you should start that probably means you need to spend more time with the other tutorials and maybe more general Rails/JavaScript courses first. You can check out the #plugin category to look at all kinds of example code.