Hide Category from Latest

(Mark Boyd) #1

I know this is discussed in many threads, but I read through as many of them as I can and none of the suggestions seem to work for me.

I have a Support section of my site that has multiple subcategories. I’d like to suppress them all from the latest category. How do I do this?

I tried under the “top menu” setting in Admin panel:

latest,-support
latest,-Support
Latest,-Support
Latest, -Support

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

Hiding a category from latest via custom top menu settings hasn’t been supported for a very long time :smiley:.

Just to verify, are you looking to hide Support and all subcategories, or display Support but hide its subcategories. For the former, see Hidden category appearing again after update. For the later, you’ll want the CSS below (replace the category ID with the correct ID for your site).

tr[data-category-id="4"] .subcategories {
    display: none;
}

(Mark Boyd) #3

I don’t want to hide the categories from the site - just from the “Latest” feed that appears on the homepage. Basically, the Support topics people create are often really specific to their hardware and basically gum up the homepage. I just want anything written under support to not appear in this “Latest” feed.

Does that make sense? I’m sorry if I’m not being clear! :):sweat_smile:

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #4

Ah, hiding from “Latest” is easy. Open the edit modal for the desired category, go to the settings tab and enable Suppress category from latest topics.. You’ll need to make this setting change in both the category and all subcategories.

(Mark Boyd) #5

Yisss thank you thank you for the quick help! We’re about to launch our forum this week and everyone’s really psyched - have been jealous of llllllll.co’s forum for years.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #6

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.