Hide certain categories unless logged in, or differentiate 'everyone' from 'members'

(Joshua Hogendorn) #1

Hey, it would be really useful to be able to set the security settings on a category so that you can only see it if you are a logged in user. Ie, theres no granularity between ‘everyone’ and ‘trust_level_1’, there should probably be a ‘members’/‘trust_level_0’ group. (I believe this already exists, but you cannot assign against it on the category security tab)

(Joshua Hogendorn) #2

Actually, I’m not sure whats going on, but if I make it so everyone except “everyone” can view a category, that category just stops showing up for a lot of users, even admin in things like the thread category picker.

(Sam Saffron) #3

Confirmed, there is no group for registered users, makes sense to add one.

(Steven Greco) #4

sorry for reviving an old topic but has this feature been added?

(James Milligan) #5

trust_level_0 is a group that you can assign permissions to in the category security tab, so yes this has been added.

(Steven Greco) #6

Thanks. So Trust level 0 basically applies to anyone that is not logged in as well. Sorry still trying to wrap my head around the whole trust level schema.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

No, trust level 0 is people who have accounts. A person without an account has no trust level because they have no account.

(Steven Greco) #8

ok got it. thanks for clarification

(eiklid) #9

Any progress on this?

(Dave McClure) #10

Yes it works today.

• trust_level_0: includes all logged in users
  • everyone: also includes visitors not logged in

(Jeff Atwood) #11