Hosed my discourse install by adding jquery src link to <head> customization

(august) #1

I seemed to have hosed my install by trying to include jquery in the <head>

Now, I can’t reply to posts. I can’t even revert to a backup. It appears that all messaging is broken.

I tried to go into the docker and DELETE the style from the user_customization table, but that didn’t help any.

Is there anything I can do besides re-install everything?

Thanks -august.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

You will need to remove the customization via the command line. I believe there is something in the howto category on this.

(Robin Ward) #3

Also we include jQuery in Discourse already, you shouldn’t need to add it if you want to use it.

(august) #4

Google isn’t giving me any results. Is there a command I can run to wipe out all customizations? I can’t find it in any docs.

(Steven Greco) #5

I think this is what you are looking for. I have done something similar in the past.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Odd I found it first try…

(august) #7

Thanks everyone. I was able to restart it without the customizations.

I’m curious though how this would break all messaging. I’m evaluating discourse for my company and this seems very fragile.

Re: googling…it always helps if you know what to look for. I do hope the paid for support is less snarky.

(Jeff Atwood) #8

We definitely like people who pay us money more! :wink:

(Kane York) #9

Hmm, should we reject any customizations that contain the word “jquery.min” in order to avoid this? Put up a message saying something like:

It looks like you’re trying to import jQuery. It’s already there! Plus, you’re going to need to change the way you write stuff to deal with the dynamic updates. See here.