How can I moderate a specific user's posts?

(Dan Dascalescu) #1

I must be missing something obvious in the per-user Admin panel - how can I set a user’s subsequent posts to be moderated? I know topic moderation before publishing isn’t supported yet, but how can moderators handle users who have been misbehaved (got a warning) and whose posts should require approval for a while before they get back in shape?

Feature Request - Pre-moderation of messages
(Jeff Atwood) #2

Lock them to trust level 0, then require all TL0 user posts to be approved. That’s the only way. There are no plans for per-user here.

If we had enterprise customers asking for it, perhaps?

Edit: not opposed to doing this, necessarily, but no paying customers have ever asked for it.

(Dan Dascalescu) #3

I might’ve found a more specific way after locking new users to TL0 at /admin/site_settings/category/trust: go to Spam and set auto block first post regex to https?://. Spammers need links to spam.

Other forums have controls on the number of external links allowed in the first post. Would that be a useful feature for Discourse?

(Jeff Atwood) #4

We already have that feature, see site settings.

(Dan Dascalescu) #5

newuser max links, “How many links a new user can add to a post.”

Does that mean that links beyond that number will forbid submitting the post (the user can’t post at all), or that the post will be sent to [the] approval queue? UPDATE: the post is sent to the approval queue.

The label/subtext for auto block first post regex is clearer: “will cause first post by [the] user to be blocked and sent to [the] approval queue”. I’ve created a PR to also clarify what happens when the max number of links is exceeded.

The trust level 0 post could benefit from that clarification too.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Incorrect, it blocks the post. You are triggering other spam heuristics in your testing.

(Dan Dascalescu) #7

Ha. Interesting. Well, could you please update the TL0 post to mention the post will be blocked?