How do I find the "Popular links" section?

On the website I see this option for viewing clicks on links. How do I actually find this in my instance?

How

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #2

Any topic with incoming links (and 3+ replies, so that the expandable statbar shows) will show this. Here’s an example:

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Maybe, you have to expand the topic map first. The topic map is expanded by default on long topics.

Hi - Have the rules for “Popular Links” changed? On my forum I am setting up now I do not see the list of Popular Links which meet the criteria of incoming links and 3+ replies. Is there somewhere I need to specifically configure this?

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #5

Is you forum publicly viewable? Then we could have a look.

Hi - it is not publicly viewable yet because I am experimenting with some concepts as I build initial content - then it will be public in a month or two.

I will reply to you directly with access info.

Thanks.

I suspect the issue is that on my site I do not see the small number next to a link that counts how many times a user has clicked it.

I see this on my forum:

In some (but not all) links here on Meta I instead see the number next to the links:

What determines which links have the number and are counted in th “Popular links” section and which are not treated that way?

(Jeff Atwood) #8
  • link must be external (or to a different topic)
  • link must be clicked or tapped by someone other than the original author of the post

That’s about it

That explains it - thank you