How do I incorporate discourse with my c# .net mvc web app?

(John Stefanski) #1

I haven’t seen any recent, good tutorials on this, so could someone point me in the right direction. I’d love to use discourse but don’t know how.

(Sam Saffron) #2

What does this mean? Can you describe in details what you mean here by “integrate” ?

(John Stefanski) #3

It means that since discourse is a Ruby app. and my current web app. is in C# how can I merge the two easily?

(Sam Saffron) #4

What does that even mean?

• How do you merge the source code of Discourse into the .NET app?

• How do I create single sign on Discourse so I can authenticate via my .NET app?

What are you trying to do?

(John Stefanski) #5

I don’t have membership on my current site so no need for single sign on yet. I’m more interested in merging the source code one could say. I would like the “forums” section of my website to be the discourse app :slight_smile:

(Sam Saffron) #6

Perhaps you are looking for this then

You can’t merge the code but you can make Discourse looks like it fits in your site.

(John Stefanski) #7

I guess I was just looking for a way to make it so that I could only have one web app. which incorporates discourse but I guess that’s not possible. I just didn’t want users to get redirected to another domain and also was hoping to host discourse in the same windows environment as my current website (using Azure). Guess I could always just plop all of the discourse app into an iframe…

Thanks for your quick replies Sam even though I’m not really looking for a css fix. I had heard mention of Iron Ruby but it didn’t seem like a solid solution to the problem.

(Jeff Atwood) #8

What you are describing makes no sense, just have shared html navigation elements in the top header. If you need shared login, implement SSO