How do I install a Theme or Theme Component?

themes

(Joe) #35

The Iconified Header Links was flagged as a component a while back, so it should work right away.

I just tried it and it got imported as a component

So, I’m not sure why it’s not getting imported as a component on your install. Can you provide more details about what happens when you try it on your install?

The Christmas hats component sort of slipped through the cracks there since, like you mentioned, it’s not a remote theme.

I actually thought that a simple convert / export would be enough to get the theme updated to the new structure like I mentioned here

and while I tested and confirmed that the flag gets added when you hit convert, I didn’t not try to import it after the fact. Well, I just tried that and it didn’t work.

So, you’re probably on to something here with that component. The import process for a local component seems to ignore the flag and so it always gets imported as a full theme.

However, this is very low priority. It will get fixed, no doubt, but it might take a while.

So here’s a fix for the problem you’ve encountered with that component.

I just edited the post and made it a remote component and so you should be able to use the repository link to import it as a component.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks!

I just tested Iconified Header Links on a newer install, and indeed it did work.

I think what might have happened is that I was re-importing a component on top of an existing version that was still set as a theme. I’m not sure if that’s actually the case, but I specifically remember the component showing as “Inactive Theme” no matter what I did, with nothing ever showing up in the “Components” tab until I used the Convert button.

Regardless, everything seems to be working now.