How do I remove post approval?

How do I remove post approval?
I’d like to allow all users whether they’re new or old to be able to post anything without it being approved. Currently all users cannot post anything instantly and have to wait for an approval by a moderator. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

(cpradio) #2

What settings do you have for approve post count and approve unless trust level?

@cpradio

(cpradio) #4

Weird, I can’t reproduce this. With those settings on my sandbox, a new user is not getting their posts queued… Are you referring to Post Queue or Akismet?

I message pops up when a new user tries to post something saying your post will be approved (pending)

@cpradio

(cpradio) #6

Oooh! I missed a setting. What is your setting for min first post typing time

If you set it to 0, does it resolve the issue?

And there is a regex setting too for post approval, but I highly doubt you set that to something, but if you did, blank it out.

I can’t find that setting @cpradio

(cpradio) #8

What version of Discourse are you running?

Latest version @cpradio

(cpradio) #10

Should be under the Spam categorization for Settings, 4th from the bottom, defaults to 3000 milliseconds.

Found it @cpradio going to test it out thanks!

Works! Thanks a lot @cpradio appreciate your helping hand

(Jeff Atwood) #13

Disabling this is very, very dangerous – you are now wide open to a whole new class of spammers (aka bamwar).

Wouldn’t the forum software prevent that? spam botters are usually from one
IP therefore an IP limit could possibly prevent that from happening, I
could be wrong.

Would appreciate if you could advice me on finding a solution.

Mussa

(Régis Hanol) #15

Only the most basic spammers do that, most of them now have a pool of IP addresses.

(cpradio) #16

Keep in mind the latest setting you dropped is because people are filling out the topic/post in under 3 seconds. Which means they are doing very short replies/topics… which also implies that your min body length is very low.

Is there a solution to allow anyone to post yet prevent spam botters

(Régis Hanol) #18

Well, that’s exactly why these settings are there for :wink:

(Jeff Atwood) #19

Discourse is not built as a chat system where people post “yes” and “no” all the time … if you are using it this way, things will break. The minimum reply length is there for a reason.