How do you create additional styles?

(AstonJ) #1

I have create style, and made a bunch of CSS changes. Now I’d like to explore an alternative but still keep all my existing modifications as a separate style that we can flick between them before deciding which one to use.

Is this possible?

(Sam Saffron) #2

Have you tried the “preview” link at the bottom of and style you create?

(AstonJ) #3

I have made all the changes live so I’m able to see them Sam… what I want to do now is store all these changes into a ‘style’ and then create a new style and start working on that while preserving everything I have already done.

By the look of it I can create as many ‘colour schemes’ as I want to, but there’s no way to associate CSS/other changes with a colour scheme - is that correct?

If so I guess the only thing I can do is prefix the title of each change with something like ‘Style 1’ and then manually disable all of style 1’s changes while working on style 2, and then manually disable those when I want to look at style 1 again?

(Ideally we could just copy the entire style and just make further changes to the duplicate.)

(Sam Saffron) #4

At the moment color scheme and customizations are not associated, you can preview customizations but you can not bundle a color schemes with a customization. You also have not ways of composing a customization from multiple customizations and previewing.

Best you can do is work on one big new customization and preview it.

(AstonJ) #5

Ah right I see what you mean now. I’ve separated all the changes into separate files so I think I will prefix each file with the style name for now.

(Something that would be a big help is being able to search customisations - I’ve only got about 20 files but I had to go through each one on several occasions as I was sure I had already modified something.)

Just a quick edit to say I am doing it Sam’s way now (partly because editing a local copy allows searching of the file).