How setup user designate only view category?

(Sora &\) #1

My website have 10 category, and i wanna user A, user B or group XXX only view Category_1, How can i do it?
Thank you!

(Joe) #2

If you go to the category settings, like so:

you should be able to limit the access for certain categories to certain groups. First go into the security tab of a category then edit permissions:

You would then have first to revoke the general “everyone can access” permission by clicking here:

After that you can set up the permissions for a certain group like so:

(Sora &\) #3

I setup category_1, only group XXX see this Category_1 but
Category_1.1
Category_1.2
Category_1.3
Category_1.4
Category_1.5

Category_1.30
The Group XXX still can be see those group; Category_1.1 to Category_1.30 is leval 2

I have alot of category from Category_1 to Category_30 and more each Category_X i have X.1 to X.30

SUmary i have 30x30= 600 category.

And i wanna group XXX only view Category_0

(Joe) #4

I think I understand what you want.

You have 30 main categories, each of them have 30 subcategories.

You want the main categories to be open or accessible to a particular group but not the subcategories inside them.

I don’t know if this is possible by default without setting the category permissions manually for each category / subcategory, which seems like a bit of work if you have to do it for each and every one.

Maybe someone else will help :sunflower:

(Sora &\) #5

So along time, if 5 new user join with my Discourse. And i must setup each user only view a Category. So kungfu! :drooling_face:

Nope, you can create a group with the correct permissions and then add new users to that group.

Max trust level to view topic
(Sora &\) #7

Thank, i understand, but have a problem more. When we setup permissions category for a group, all of subcategory this main category don’t effect.
How setup permissions view category for a group, all of subcategory this main category be affected?

I’m not sure I understand what you are asking, sorry. Can you try to explain again?

(Sora &\) #9

Here How setup permissions view category for a group, all of subcategorys this main category be affected?

(Sora &\) #10

Can we use API to make permission all subcategory?
What code can do it?

(Sora &\) #11

Who can help me? :frowning: