How to add Plugin translations

(Marcin Rataj) #1

I noticed missing translations related to external plugins and I don’t see these keys at Transifex.
For example: docker_manager/config/locales and discourse-mathjax/config/locales currently have only english ones.

Is there a general rule of thumb for adding Plugin translations?
Should I just fork, create files with translations for my language and send a pull request to plugin’s author?

Add translation to a plugin
Add core plugins to Transifex
(Neil Lalonde) #2

Yes, the translations will have to go in the plugin’s config/locales directory. We would be very happy to get translations for docker_manager. :hearts:

(Sebastien Miquerolle) #3

Is it possible to internationalize the /admin/upgrade/ page to translate it too ? :slight_smile:

(Erick Guan) #4

Here you go.

https://github.com/discourse/docker_manager/pull/15

Why not add it to Transifex?

(Anton) #5

When you make it available, please do not forget to allow this part as well in the mechanism for overriding translations in admin panel.

It has been mentioned that strings overriding in admin panel is in a long-term TODO list of the Discourse team.

(Erick Guan) #6

Including the Discourse’s translation?

(João Pimentel Ferreira) #7

Just a question regarding this issue: after making the translation of the yml file, to whom shall we send the file? Or we just fork it?

(Neil Lalonde) #8

Yes, fork it, make your changes, and submit a pull request. Here’s an example of adding German translations.

Missing keys in transifex
(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #9