How to automate user to login into their account through email

(Naveen Aggarwal) #1

Is there any way to make user automatically login/signin into their account as soon as they click any email link send to them through system.

As in current system i didn’t able to find any way to do this, even on clicking a link in email which i receive(notification email) takes me to particular topic as a unknown user (without automatically sign me in into the system).

(Jeff Atwood) #2

There is no way to generate automatic login links at this time for existing users.

What other popular services behave this way? It can be risky if the email is forwarded to others. Then they click the link and are logged in as you.

(Tobias Eigen) #3

I think GoLightly does this - email footers have a warning not to forward the messages or risk letting people log in as you. Or at least that’s how it was a few years back. Maybe (hopefully?) they have changed this since I last used it.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Yeah I think this is an unusual behavior for a reason… it seems like a good idea at first glance, but there are a lot of weirdnesses that can happen. And bad ones.