How to change my favicon

(Emma Furtado) #1

hi all,
How can I change my favicon? I see where to change it in the admin panel, but don’t see where to upload the new image?

Thanks,
Emma

Hi Emma,
You can upload the image anywhere on the internet and link to that. There isn’t a specific place on the server/in Discourse.

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

Your forum has a topic called “assets for site design” that’s for uploading stuff like icons and whatnot.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Not sure why this keeps getting responded to incorrectly. Run the setup wizard again to change this.

Because some of us are old school and the wizard didn’t exist back in the old days. :wink:

(Stephen Chung) #6

Er… how to run the setup wizard?

:grin:

(DjCyry) #7

Upload your favicon to “assets for site design”
Copy that link
Paste it on admin/settings/favicon url
Done!

(Régis Hanol) #8

Go to your.discourse/wizard :wink:

(Jay Pfaffman) #9

I don’t understand why no link is provided. It seems that only people who don’t need the wizard know where it is.

(Jeff Atwood) #10

I didn’t provide the link because I was on my phone and it’s painful to type URLs there. Plus I didn’t remember the exact URL. Sorry if that doesn’t work for you.

The READ ME FIRST: GETTING STARTED Staff topic, present on every single Discourse install since the beginning, has a VERY VERY large link to the wizard in it right at the top.

(Jay Pfaffman) #11

That’s a relief. I always feel bad when I’m too lazy to get a link on my phone. :slight_smile:

Hey, now. It’s not me I’m worried about.

We both know that people don’t read stuff, and my point is that people expect to find the admin links that they need from the admin page. I don’t think that many folks who’ve been using Discourse for a bit of time and want to change something that can be changed from the setup wizard are likely to think “I know! I’ll go back to that ‘getting started’ topic.”

That said, I don’t know where to put it; it would annoy most people most of the time on the /admin page. Oooh! Maybe stick it in that “we’re in bootstrap mode” message that is present for new instances?

(Jeff Atwood) #12

Yes, there is already a bootstrap message that has a link to the wizard. It goes away after you run it the first time.

(Jeff Atwood) #13