How to "dispute" a reviewed translation?

(foobar) #1

I’d like to help with the Catalan translation. First thing I wanted to do is review the work already done. I’m finding room for improvement in already-translated strings (for example, the Catalan translation for “This will be replaced by a custom Discourse 403 page.” is missing the final dot, and there are some words that are too informal in other strings).

However many of these strings are marked as “reviewed” so I can’t edit them on transifex. So, how can I contribute such a kind of fixes?

(Arpit Jalan) #2

Hi @foobar1234,

I just made you Reviewer on Transifex for Catalan language, so you can edit the reviewed translations.

Thanks for contributing translations!

(Felix Freiberger) #3

I’m having the same problem with German. For example, Fix Positions (reviewed by @Sanafan) is translated as “Positionen fixieren” which assumes that the “Fix” meant “to lock into place”, but I’m quite sure it rather meant “to correct”. Can someone un-review that translation?

(Sam Saffron) #4

If that is for the category UI it is indeed “fix the positions” not “correct the positions”

(Felix Freiberger) #5

Are you sure? The button does not save the changes – it corrects inconsistent numbering, i.e. it turns “1-2-2-5” into “1-2-3-4”.

(Sam Saffron) #6

Ahhh yeah that button, I hate that button so much … that UI needs a rework so bad

(Gerhard Schlager) #7

Done. You can send me a message if you find any other German translations that are wrong and reviewed.

I would like to request a change to a reviewed French translation. What is the expected way to do it on Transifex? Should I add a comment to this specific translation?

Thank you.

(Gerhard Schlager) #9

Nobody gets notified when you comment on Transifex. So, this will probably stay unnoticed.

The best way to get someone’s attention is by posting here on meta. There are already topics for some of the languages. Here’s the French one: