How to embed my forum like this? Or maybe customize?

Hello, I would like make a website with forum that almost exactly same as this one. http://discuss.littlebits.cc/
I already running a discourse instance on digitalocean by the way.
What I’m trying to do is to make a few landing pages, and embed forum in navbar like that. If possible, I want to make a custom login page as well (seems this website is using discourse’s db as its shopping mall instance as well, which is interesting) . I don’t think it made a custom static page inside the forum, but rather embed the forum to different instance. Can somebody give me a hint how to do this?? Thank you!!

(Régis Hanol) #2

Littlebits don’t have their forum embedded. They just made a custom header which happens to look exactly the same as the header they use on their site :wink:

If you want to know more about how to create your own custom header, you can follow

Thank you so much for the explanation and link!! Do you mind if I ask you a bit more? How can add a static page like the ones included in navbar? Can I make one inside discourse instance?

(Régis Hanol) #4

Discourse doesn’t support static page (yet). There is a third-party plugin, but it’s quite old and I don’t know if it still works.

Oh, so you mean that website has possibly used a plugin. I knew there was a plugin and did not want to use it for the same reason you mentioned. If there any other way rather than using plugin? Slightly technical way is still good for me.

(Sam Saffron) #6

@mozzadrella is an admin on that site, perhaps she can share what they did.

Oh, my goodness. Thank you for let me know!