How to enable polls?

Hi,

I’m running version v1.3.0.Beta4+80. My plugins page is showing my poll plugin as version .02.

I’m trying to create a poll but when I put in my markup it renders as a list, not a poll. Do I need to enable this feature?

Thanks

P.S. I’ve pasted my markup into this post and on discourse I do get a poll so I pretty sure my markup is ok.

(Felix Freiberger) #2

There is a setting poll enabled, which is on by default. Can you confirm it is still on?

Also, your install is outdated. Can you try updating?

I’m having trouble locating that setting, can someone tell me where it is?

Thanks

It’s in plugins and then settings for poll plugin.

(Gerhard Schlager) #5

You should definitely update your Discourse instance to the latest stable release (v1.3.2) or the latest beta (v1.4.0.beta4). There were a lot of changes to the poll plugin during the 1.3 beta releases and I’m quite sure none of them were part of your current version.

I don’t have a settings option for any of my plugins, only the “Change Settings” to the right of “Installed Plugins”. I’ll upgrade and hopefully that will take care of it.

Thanks to everyone!

Upgrading fixed my issues and my polls are now display as expected.

Here’s a follow on question, how can I find out which of my members took part in my poll?

Thanks Again!

(Gerhard Schlager) #8

That information is stored in the database, but it’s not visible in Discourse itself. I posted a query that shows which user voted for which options. Take a look at:

Where would I run this query? Thanks