How to find the topic post template - override first post

(Shri) #1

I have found the templates repo here

However, cannot seem to figure out where the post template is and how to edit it so we can add some new classes to the first post.

Any pointers?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Edit category, look for the template tab.

(Shri) #3

Thanks. Found that.

Do you have a pointer to a default template I could put in there to make the first post look a little bit different?

I’ve found this snippet, but cannot figure out how to change that to render the first post a little differently.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

No, you would need some kind of plugin to do that. Can you elaborate on what exactly you are trying to do, with an example?

(Shri) #5

Not a specific use case, but as I look at our requirements we figured that we want some categories where the first post looks more like an article, and we do not want to use Wordpress.

Coming from vBulletin, we’d override something called the postbit template and restyle it.

Generically - override the post template (I might be using the wrong terminology!) to display the first post styled as an article.

Specifically, show the author info in a “About Author” block at the bottom of the post + add links to their last X posts (“More By Author”) + perhaps show a link to their website and show the rest of the replies as comments.