How to get Discourse analytics across multiple categories?

(Jenn Briden) #1

I am the admin for a company forum based on Discourse, and we have private, internal categories for company-only discussion and then public categories. We have several of each of these. I’d like to measure the engagement in the public vs. private forums. However, I haven’t found a quick way to do this from the analytics page. I can select one category at a time and then have to munge the data from each category’s csv file into a master csv. Is there a simpler way to do this via an API, or is this something that I should do by the hacky manual way I described earlier or by dumping a db backup and querying across categories?

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

The data explorer plugin can give you access to the data, but I think that might be what you’re describing with the CSV file. You could use the API to pull out data from the data explorer.

I think a plugin would be the only pretty way to get what you’re looking for.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #3

Data explorer supports CSV export. @Jenn_Briden if your complaint about CSV is needing to merge multiple CSV files, then you should be able to write up some SQL that does the “merging” and then simply run and export the data whenever needed.