How to install crowd plugin

(Jakub Ryška) #1

Firstly, is there a general installation guide? The only things that I found are:

So, for my case, I was trying to install the crowd plugin
The steps are:

1. go to the docker: /var/docker/launcher ssh app
  2. find out root of discourse, that is probably /var/www/discourse, cd there
  3. cd to plugins
  4. clone the plugin repo there: git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-crowd.git
  5. now it says, that I should run this command: bundle exec rake assets:precompile I guess it should be ran in the root of the discourse /var/www/discourse. That output these errors:
gem install omniauth_crowd -v 2.2.2 -i /var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-crowd/gems/2.0.0 --no-document --ignore-dependencies
Successfully installed omniauth_crowd-2.2.2
1 gem installed
rake aborted!
NameError: uninitialized constant Annotate
/var/www/discourse/lib/tasks/auto_annotate_models.rake:33:in `<top (required)>'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.0.0/gems/railties-4.1.4/lib/rails/engine.rb:654:in `block in run_tasks_blocks'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.0.0/gems/railties-4.1.4/lib/rails/engine.rb:654:in `each'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.0.0/gems/railties-4.1.4/lib/rails/engine.rb:654:in `run_tasks_blocks'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.0.0/gems/railties-4.1.4/lib/rails/application.rb:374:in `run_tasks_blocks'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.0.0/gems/railties-4.1.4/lib/rails/engine.rb:449:in `load_tasks'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.0.0/gems/railties-4.1.4/lib/rails/railtie.rb:194:in `public_send'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.0.0/gems/railties-4.1.4/lib/rails/railtie.rb:194:in `method_missing'
/var/www/discourse/Rakefile:7:in `<top (required)>'
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

I guess this step failed then.

1. Then I should update the discourse.conf file, I guess that’s the file located in the /var/www/discourse/config/ directory.
  2. Then the next step should be restart your services. I don’t know what to do.

Running the version: 0.9.9.11

Does anybody know, how to install the plugin, so it works?

(Ben T) #2
https://meta.discourse.org/t/installing-plugins-on-docker-install/13364/2?source_topic_id=17204

When you make changes inside the docker container, they will be deleted every time you update. The idea is to add any plugins or extra configuration to your app.yml file, which will add any bits you need after an update.