How to install Discourse On VPS

(TheBurningMan) #1

Hii Everyone,
I am totally new to discourse and also this forum. Just register here.
I want to install this forum on my godaddy VPS. Currently, I was using MyBB but this forum is best. That’s why I want to install this forum on my VPS to different location.
Kindly help me how can I do that.
If same question is asked earlier on this forum and I asked then sorry for that in advance. Instead of searching I just ask this question.
Thanks In Advance

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

Assuming GoDaddy VPS support Docker, you would simply follow our install guide, discourse/INSTALL-cloud.md at master · discourse/discourse · GitHub

(TheBurningMan) #3

I read about it earlier but never used this type means is there any option to install it in cpanel or this is the only option because I have no knowledge of much coding.

(TheBurningMan) #4

@jomaxro , can you tell me one thing. I never use discourse plugin. Is it work exactly same like software.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #5

@burningman, you cannot install Discourse via CPanel. CPanel supports PHP based sites, which Discourse is not.

The install guide I shared above is very straightforward. It will walk you through everything you need to do, assuming you are using a supported server.

If you are not able to install it yourself, you can look into official Discourse hosting or contact @pfaffman for a $99 self-supported community install.