How to make custom mail server email polling work?

email

How do i get email polling working in my site using my own mail server? I use roundcube as webmail. I did try but the mail never got sent to reply@mydomain.com when you reply in the mail. I think roundcube only support IMAP… but not sure.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

I could be wrong, but isn’t roundcube just a client for an IMAP server? If so, what is the underlying server you are running the roundcube client on? Does the server support POP3?

It uses mailcow, You can see the details in here

According to its github page it has IMAP support i don’t see pop3 anywhere…

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #4

I would agree that POP3 does not seem to be mentioned. I am going to be of no help here if there isn’t POP3 support, sorry! One of the devs will need to confirm this, but I do not believe Discourse supports IMAP.

Well the email works well, i can say that

(Régis Hanol) #6

I can confirm this, we only support polling via POP3. IMAP polling isn’t supported yet. I don’t think it would be that hard to add though.

@jomaxro Mailcow does support POP3. and i can confirm its working => http://i.imgur.com/IHSkJDd.png How do I get this working??

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #8

I am not going to be of particular help here, as I have never set up email in a Discourse instance, but this might be of some use (you will need to generalize, as it is written for Gmail, but the info should still work):

Oh, well i might just try it will gmail, if this time it doesn’t work. Thanks for replying