Set up BackBlaze S3 with BunnyCDN

So I checked BunnyCDN. I can verify that it did not go through the CDN for the backup. The traffic says 0 KB. The host CDN url is different from the upload one so it seems Discourse isn’t using it. However, I can verify that the backups are being uploaded to Backblaze B2 from Discourse.

1 Like

Ah, great, thank you for checking. That confirms what I suspected. Perhaps @Bill should update the OP guide?

1 Like

Sure! Not sure how to word it. Should I just put that you only need one pull zone and the CDN cannot access a private bucket?

1 Like

I would eliminate everything from ‘On your BunnyCDN dashboard, you should create a second pull zone’ up thru the paragraph ending with ‘“standard tier 10$/TB” that I used my for uploads bucket.’

Also, it seems you do need a second CDN pull zone, but it’s not for the backup. I was confused about this, and couldn’t get offsite uploads working until I correctly set up one pull zone to send uploads to BackBlaze (as you outlined) and a second pull zone to pull assets from BackBlaze. See my question about that and the response I got here for more info.

It looks like I don’t have the discourse permissions for editing the original thread anymore, it probably expired after a set time or I edited it too many times. I cant get to the edit area.

Ah, ok. I guess you would need to ask a mod. In any case, even though there was a glitch, I was grateful for your how-to!

1 Like

The first post is a wiki now (it was when I checked it, not sure if someone got to it before now) so any TL1 or higher user can edit it.

2 Likes

Hey, just want to hop in and say that Bunny has gotten a partnership with Backblaze too ! So, the transfer from Backblaze to Bunny is now completely free, so, appart for more security, you can just transfer the data to Bunny without passing through cloudflare !

2 Likes

Is this step overkill? I guess a better question might be… how significant are the benefits of taking this extra step if you already have Backblaze set up for storage and Bunny as the CDN? Any insights on this would be super helpful for me. :pray: