How to setup multi-tenant forums?

(Richard Xu) #1

We have a multi-tenant Learning Management System, so each client gets own URL like client1.mylearning.com or client2.mylearning.com. All URLs actually point to the same load balancer. Now for each client, we need to provide a forum.

Are we able to set up Discourse forum like client1.myforum.com, client2.myforum.com, but sharing the same physical installation? E.g, multi-tenanted.

If not, is there any other alternative? Maybe spin up a new container installation automatically for each new client? This is not ideal, as we will get hundreds of containers, and upgrade / maintenance look like hard work lately.

Thanks advance to everyone!

Regards,
Richard

(John Muhl) #2

Try the multisite setup:

(Richard Xu) #3

Thanks @johnmuhl. The multisite setup looks confusing for newbie like me, but it looks like solving my issue.

One thing I couldn’t figure out - can the new site creation process be automated?

(Matt Palmer) #4

Sure, anything can be automated – just write the necessary scripts/manifests/whatever to make the appropriate configuration changes and run the commands necessary.

(Hugo Hernani) #5

hey @richardxu, did you manage to automate the new site creation on a multi-tenancy environment?