How to track an individual user's activity

(Colin Stevenson) #1

Hello Discourse community!

First and foremost, I apologize if this isn’t the appropriate Category to post this Topic.

I have a few users in my community that are helping me respond to questions from other users, they’re sort of just like basic forum moderators. I’d like to be able to monitor or pull the exact number of posts they’ve made in a given category for the week, the month, etc.

I saw that there’s a way to export the entire contents of a Topic, so theoretically I could just filter down to the specific user and date range from that exported document. However, as a non-technical user of Discourse, I was unsuccessful in doing that. Is there a way to do it through the UI?

Thanks!!

EDIT: I know I can see recent activity on a user’s profile, but I can’t seem to figure out how to get it to include everything, not just a flow of recent activity. Thanks!

Hi Colin,
Do you have the Data Explorer plugin installed? That will be the easiest way I think. You could put them into a group to segment them easily from the rest of the database and then run a query to pull the relevant info.

Edit: Hmmm, you don’t. I’m not sure on the next best way.