I am not receiving test email and also new user is not getting any email to activate their account

(Brajmohan Kumar) #1

I am using gSuite.

when the first time I signup for discourse admin panel then I received a confirmation mail to activate my admin account.

But after that, I did not receive any signup mail from discourse.
When I try to send a test mail from my discourse admin panel it says!

There was a problem sending the test email. Please double-check your mail settings, verify that your host is not blocking mail connections, and try again.

And also if any new user register on my site (discuss.cyberthana.com) they don’t get any confirmation mail to activate their account.

I have checked everything, everything is looking ok
But still having a problem, discourse is really frustrating. I am setting up this from last 10 days but still not able to configure my site

I have added DKIM and SPF also to my DNS,
I have also configured my gsuite smtp relay setting.
But still not working.

Is there anyone here who can help me.

Thanx in advance.

(Bhanu Sharma) #2

G-Suite isn’t really the recommend email provider but have you checked if there are pending email jobs in sidekiq?

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

Can you connect from your server to the smtp port via telnet? It could be that outgoing mail is blocked. If your server is blocking smtp you can open a ticket and ask them to open it.

It will be much easier if you use a service like mailgun. If smtp is blocked you can use port 2525.