I can't seem to figure out how to get Discourse to handle all logging in (Wordpress)

AI-generated summary

CrackMasterK is having trouble configuring Discourse to handle all logging in, including sign-ups, using the WP Discourse plugin. They want to redirect all login and sign-up traffic to Discourse’s login system.

Lilly suggested using DiscourseConnect to create a login link. CrackMasterK attempted to set this up but encountered issues, possibly due to having a private Discourse.

CrackMasterK shared their current link (https://cgl.cimmarian.com/session/sso?return_path=/login) and asked for help with configuration.

simon clarified that to achieve this, WordPress needs to be configured as the DiscourseConnect client, and provided a link to a setup guide with a helpful video: https://meta.discourse.org/t/configure-single-sign-on-sso-with-wp-discourse-and-discourseconnect/223494

So I can get it to work where it uses my wordpress to login to Discourse but I can’t seem to make it so any login or sign ups are handled by Discourse and it’s login system. I am using. WP Discourse – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Is there a way to make it so if you want to make an account via wordpress or discourse it’s handled by Discourse alone? (I am 100% okay with it redirecting traffic to the discourse login to make accounts all around. I just feel that system will do it better for me.

Is this what you want?

Awesome thank you, I’ll try to set this up on my own. I appreciate the heads up.


I am met with this so I am trying to figure out how to do this correctly. Does it not work if it’s a private Discourse?

My currently link is
https://cgl.cimmarian.com/session/sso?return_path=/login

I am also using a wordpress builder


As far as I can tell it would work without the a href? Or is it super striked and needs it and I need to add that as well.

So what I am attempting is pushing them to the login/sign up page. I’ve tried different things at the end. I also made sure under


I added the redirect links to test later once I can get the login/sign up to work :smiley:

I read this wrong the first time I looked at your question. You can use DiscourseConnect for this, but you need to configure WordPress to be the DiscourseConnect client. Details about how to set it up are here: Configure single sign-on (SSO) with WP Discourse and DiscourseConnect (there’s a helpful video at the top of the topic.)