I want to be able to like this post, but I can't since it's frozen

(jcolebrand) #1

Continuing the discussion from WMD PageDown editor doesn’t update on pastes:

I get why I can’t. I just don’t like it.

(Sam Saffron) #2

Maybe that is why @codinghorror has been locking finished stuff as opposed to archiving, both don’t fit right for bugs anyway. Only a bug plugin does.

(jcolebrand) #3

I assure you I’m not worried. Just pointing out that it’s mildly irritating that I can’t [Like] to acknowledge the new information neatly.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

I have not been locking, I have been archiving… the discussion is moot since the problem is 100% resolved.

If it is something that is partially resolved, or what have you, then we should close instead.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

In any case can’t you Reply as new Topic in the right gutter if you really need to respond to an archived topic?

Confirmed on http://try.discourse.org this indeed does work and should allow you to have a voice in topics that are archived and can’t otherwise be touched or changed in any way.

(jcolebrand) #6

That’s precisely what I did in this case.

The issue isn’t that I want to respond to the topic (reply as new topic), the problem is I want to acknowledge one of the last things said in the thread before it was archived.

I don’t think you understand what I’m getting at. So, if you’ll follow the above post, as me, and then like this comment on my behalf, without unarchiving the post, that would be great. Because I can’t like the post. 301 Moved Permanently

(Dave McClure) #7

Ran into this yesterday, and I resorted to “bookmarking” the post instead, but I would have preferred liking it.

(Brentley Jones) #8

Just ran into this today. I wanted to “like” something that was just archived. I think people should still be able to like (but maybe not unlike?) archived posts.

(Sam Saffron) #9

Closing this.

You can like anything on closed topics, however if an admin archives a topic we are done with it, forever, no more liking.

To me this is a “admin user error”, if admins want topics that still allow interaction they should close, not archive.

(Sam Saffron) #10