If posts at end of topic are deleted, adds extra counts to unread posts

(cpradio) #1

Repro Steps:

1. Using one account create a topic with 3 posts
  2. Login using second account and read all 3 posts on the topic (Watch the topic)
  3. Login with the first account, delete post #3 and create another post
  4. Login with second acocunt, you should have a 2 unread posts indicator on the topic

Expected:
1 unread indicator for the topic.

Screenshots:

Actual Topic status:

Unread wiki posts show impossible unread count
Unread wiki posts show impossible unread count
In topic lists, black/gray font for topic titles - what does it mean?
(Jeff Atwood) #2

This only happens if the deleted post happens to be the LAST post, yes?

(TechnoBear) #3

Yes. And if the last three posts have been deleted, the indicator will show four new posts - even if some of those posts were made and deleted days ago.

(cpradio) #4

Correct. Sorry, I should have noted that observation in my steps for repro (which is why I delete the last post on the created topic) :smile:

Edit: Updated the wording to reflect that it applies to any number of posts at the end of the topic (so long as the deletes are sequential) – per @TechnoBear

(TechnoBear) #5

Posts moved to another topic also show up as “new” in the same manner. At least, they do when followed by deleted posts; I don’t know if this also applies where there are no deleted posts.

We have a topic where 24 posts were moved to another topic three days ago. Since then, there have been four more posts deleted in the original topic. This morning, another post was made and the new post indicator showed 29 new posts.

(Gerhard Schlager) #6

I guess I’ve just seen the same bug:

There were only 2 new posts in this topic.

(Christoph) #7

Can I suggest a tag “known bug” or “known issue” for topics like this one?