İm banned by mistake my admin ip

(Hakan) #1

I am using Cloudflare and many users of ip lookupda are overlapping, I can not accidentally login my own idiom and suddenly.

How can I fix this problem? I can not log in to the site

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

The fastest and easiest solution would be to stop using Cloudflare.

If you don’t want I do that, then you’ll need to search here among the many topics about Cloudflare to see if you can find one about how to configure it properly. There was at least one suggestion in this thread that it sounds like you have not heeded.

(Hakan) #3

It is not possible to do this, is it possible to open all suspends without admin access?

(Cameron:D) #4

Either disable CloudFlare temporary, then when your DNS cache has cleared access the site and delete the wrong ban, then re enable CF, and fix the wrong IPs being logged.

Or, add an entry to your hosts file for the forum domain pointing to the direct IP and access it that way.

Or, use the rails console to remove the ban, but someone more knowledgeable about the internal Discourse functions would need to help you with that.

(Stephen) #5

If you have SSH access to your server then add - "templates/cloudflare.template.yml" to your app.yml under templates: as shown below:

templates:
  - "templates/postgres.template.yml"
  - "templates/redis.template.yml"
  - "templates/web.template.yml"
  - "templates/web.ratelimited.template.yml"
## Uncomment these two lines if you wish to add Lets Encrypt (https)
  - "templates/web.ssl.template.yml"
  - "templates/web.letsencrypt.ssl.template.yml"
  - "templates/cloudflare.template.yml"

Then ./launcher rebuild app

In addition to presenting the IP address of their servers, Cloudflare adds True-Client-IP to the header, the above will mean that Discourse sees real IPs rather than CloudFlare IPs.

Your true IP will show and you will once again be able to access your instance.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.