Images disappearing a few hours after uploading?

The last few days I have noticed an issue with images uploaded to the forum. Image uploaded fine. It loads fine after uploading. A few hours later, the image won’t load any more (broken link). Insider the container, the image is not there. The problem doesn’t happen with every uploaded image. For example, within one post, one image is fine, while another becomes broken.

Example:

Running 1.6.0 beta 10, the latest version on Digital Ocean. Anyone else encounters something similar? Thanks.

Missing uploaded images
(Sam Saffron) #2

Something is ill with your instance, do a rebuild please

Thanks. Just finished the rebuild. Let’s see if this solves it.

(Régis Hanol) #4

Did the rebuild solve it?

No. It happened 2 days ago when I wrote this post. Initially the pics showed up fine. but the optimized smaller version didn’t process straight away. After maybe an hour, all except 1 pic’s URL was broken. I reuploaded all the pic and the optimized smaller version processed and the pic was fine.

(Alan Tan) #6

Hmm is the clean up uploads site settings enabled on your instance?

(Mittineague) #7

My guess is that something memory related was unable to handle so many large image files.

i.e. 18 images with these MBs (90+ in total) seems like a lot to me.

clean orphan uploads grace period hours

It is set to 1 hour at the moment.

Interesting. Maybe I can do a test and see if I can duplicate.

I just created this thread. the next to last image, as of now, is still there. But the optimized version won’t create, like the other pics. So I speculate that soon that image will fail.

(Sam Saffron) #11

Very hard to debug this without getting more details.

Why is the same image in the topic twice? Why was it not optimised? Is there an error in the logs? What if you rebuild html?