Inactive user error for an active user?

(Pad Pors) #1

Continuing the discussion from Getting E-Mails from inactive users:

we have a user who is active as shown in this image:

but when this user wants to send topic via email, he gets error showing his account is not active:

Is it due to any kind of setting for the create topic via email ? how can we prevent this rejection?

(Matt Palmer) #2

The only time that error is raised in the code is when the user is neither active nor staged. The only thing that I can think of is that, because it looks like that error is quite old (I don’t know how many days, but it definitely looks like some number of days), the user may not have been active when the e-mail was received, but they have since activated their account.

(Pad Pors) #3

thanks for the response, it can be the case, as the user has signed up the same day he has sent the topics via email.

So if a user do not confirm his email, he has some kind of suspected account and can not send topic via email. am I right?

(Matt Palmer) #4

That is correct. A user who has registered, but not yet confirmed their e-mail address, is inactive, and since they registered for the site they’re not staged, so they will fail the InactiveUserError check.