Installed bad plugin and now stuck with white screen

(Roland) #1

SO I messed up. I installed this plugin GitHub - LeoMcA/discourse-rss-poster: Discourse plugin which allows RSS feeds to post to the forum and it gave me a blank white screen. Now I have the same issues as this post I am getting white blank page after installing AdSense and Spoiler plugin

I removed the plugin from app.yml and rebuilt 2 times. then cleared cache. checked it was gone, rebuilt another two times. cleared cache some more and rebuilt then checked here and same issue. only 404 page works and everything else is white screen. Not showing any js errors. Anyone have another option or idea short of removing all the plugins? Everything was fine before.

(Sam Saffron) #2

Can you try safe mode?

(Roland) #3

If I disable all unofficial plugins it works fine. Really didnt want to lose all my settings i did with those.

(Sam Saffron) #4

Sounds like it is time to disable your unofficial plugins and isolate who is responsible. Note, by removing plugins you will not lose any settings, they should return when the plugin is fixed and you add it back in.

(Roland) #5

So i had to load them one by one and it was the adsense doing it. GitHub - discoursehosting/discourse-adsense: Google AdSense plugin for Discourse forum

everything else loaded fine as long as that one wasnt loaded.

(Sam Saffron) #6

I see, looks like it is being tracked here