Installed SSL and admin pages look funny

(Mei) #1

My backend started looking like this immediately after we installed the Free SSL from https://letsencrypt.org/

Any idea what went wrong or what I need to do to fix?

(Alan Tan) #2

Can you please try rebuilding?

Please SSH into your server and run:

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app

(Mei) #3

Thanks for the suggestion… We tried that but now the entire forum has disappeared :-/

(Jeff Atwood) #4

It looks like you may be runnning an incompatible third party plugin? Try removing all third party plugins and rebuilding?

You are also routing through cloudflare which has broken Discourse in the past. Set your cloudflare rule to bypass.

(Mei) #5

Ok, trying now.

So my forums being down has nothing to do with me running this code?

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app

Nothing else changed except that. But we restored a backup from before running the code and it did not help resolve the missing forum :frowning:

(Mei) #6

Cloudflare was indeed the issue. Thank you for your help! The admin area also looks better now with @tgxworld’s code suggestion.

(Simon Cossar) #7

It looks like you have a forked version of my whitelist-iframe plugin installed. If so, the plugin has been updated to work with the latest code. You can find it here: GitHub - scossar/whitelist-iframe: Discourse plugin to add urls to Discourse.Markdown._validIframes Whitelisted iframes need to be added to the file /assets/javascripts/iframe-whitelist.js.