Invalid Format Error at the bottom of all post pages

(Tarik Yildirim) #1

For the Turkish translation, we get the following error at the bottom of all post pages:

Invalid Format: Plural Function not found for locale: tr_TR

Does anyone else experience a similar problem? (Perhaps we messed up the translation somewhere?)

Turkish translation missing many singular strings
(Neil Lalonde) #2

I can’t see what’s wrong. It looks like all the translation files for tr_TR are correct… It must be something about messageformat.js that I don’t understand. Even if I add pluralization rules for tr_TR, I still see that message on every page…

(Tarik Yildirim) #3

That is interesting, because somehow the problem has been resolved in our case. I don’t know how, we did not do anything… You can check it out yourself: forum.inekle.com

There is indeed something wrong with plural/singular versions of certain translations. I am not sure if it is related, but the following strings show up on our site with no translations:

[tr_TR.dates.tiny.less_than_x_minutes.one]    
[tr_TR.dates.tiny.about_x_hours.one]    
[tr_TR.dates.medium.x_hours.one]    
[tr_TR.post.actions.by_you_and_others.like.one]

I double checked Transifex. We have translated everything. These strings simply do not exist in our version.

Turkish translation missing many singular strings
(Yağız Öztürk) #4

I had the same issue @neil

There is also a topic about that Turkish translation missing many singular strings

I am attaching the screenshot

(Yağız Öztürk) #5

Somehow that problem(Invalid Format: Plural Function not found for locale: tr_TR) still exist on our site. Can I just make the message Turkish if it cannot be fixed @neil ?

see the very bottom of below link

http://dinozor.org/t/en-iyi-tarih-belgeselleri-hangileridir/329/7

I have the same problem on my 1.3.0-beta2 install with locale nb_NO.

(Agent God) #7

I have it too. There is another issue with latest update.
In the top right menu Instead of Latest I have like in the image:

I checked the Transifex translations and couldnt find any issue.

(Sam Saffron) #8

latest now has a number, eg: Latest (1) for front page on mobile. Transifex should pick this up soon.

(Alper Buluc) #9

I have just noticed that the same error message gets displayed when number of replies link hovered over. My instance is running discourse 1.5.0.beta7.

(Pad Pors) #10

getting
"Invalid Format: Plural Function not found for locale: fa_IR"
error as well. didn’t find out how i may fix this. is there something we should do or is there something that needs to be fixed over transifex? #bug

(Kemal Gürler) #11

I face same problem. No solution yet?

(Gerhard Schlager) #12

Looks like the messageformat locale files can’t be found because some of the files have wrong names. I fixed something similar for moment.js a while ago. I suggest we do the same for messageformat. It makes updating the libs a lot easier…

Unfortunately I don’t have the time to fix this right now. Maybe @neil can fix this for the 1.5 release?

(Neil Lalonde) #13

Ok I’m looking at it. It should be as simple as adding the missing files? cp fa.js fa_IR.js

(Neil Lalonde) #14

I added the missing files. Other locales had already been done, so I guess we just forgot these ones.

(Kemal Gürler) #15

Thank you so much! How exactly am I suppose to implement this? I am using discoursehosting.com

(Jeff Atwood) #16

You will need to ask them about that.

(Neil Lalonde) #17

This fix will make it into the 1.5 stable release, which discoursehosting will deploy when it’s ready.