"Invalid Format: Uncaught SyntaxError:" at the bottom of the page

(Glamdring) #1

At the bottom of the pages of my forum (latest Discourse version) I get:

Invalid Format: Uncaught SyntaxError: Expected “=”, “}” or [a-zA-Z$_] but “%u043F” found. at undefined:1376:10

It looks like you’ve used an ISO-8859-1 regex which doesn’t account for non-latin symbols. But I can’t tell where, as this is printed on the page, with bold.

P.S. could you tell me where can I “patch” it manually, because I’m using a non-finished translation (not part of the github repo), and upgrading to the next version doesn’t work smoothly.

(Sam Saffron) #2

Are you using cloudflare acceleration?

(Jeff Atwood) #3

You need to add the translation following the proper guidelines for the project. Running a fork is going to be a recipe for extreme pain and suffering for everyone involved.

(Glamdring) #4

@sam no
@codinghorror well, no time for that. The existing translation is sufficient for the forum functions. But… is missing translation the reason for a ISO-8859-1 regex? Without having looked at the code, I suspect it might fail even when the full translation is there.

P.S. patched it in the compiled public/assets//… js where the message was put under read_more_MF - so the bundle processor might be at fault