Invite list - add sent date, redeemed date, make sortable

pr-welcome

(Tobias Eigen) #1

I just invited a handful of people to my forum who attended a webinar yesterday. Much to my gratification, they are starting to accept my invitations. I see this in my notifications:

The next step in my workflow is then to take a look at the user’s profile and send them a PM. Unfortunately, when I click on the notification it takes me to my invite list and not to the profile as I would expect.

This would be ok if I could easily find the invites that have been accepted and work my way through them. But the invites are listed in apparent random order, redeemed at the top.

To make this list more useful, I’d like to suggest that a third column is added for the date Invited, and that the list be sortable by email, date redeemed, or date invited.

Enable sorting on user page
(Jeff Atwood) #2

@techapj did we address any of this? What else is pending here with invites? I know there were a few lower priority things for us to get to?

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #3

We have some new columns in our invite page, but they don’t apply to unaccepted invites, and none are sortable.

This topic is relevant:

And there was some talk about two columns… because at the moment I have to scroll past 300 accepted invites in order to see the unaccepted ones.

(Arpit Jalan) #4

Another task pending with invites is:

Will try to get it done this week.

(Arpit Jalan) #5

Okay, I just made these changes which @codinghorror suggested earlier:

• Invitation page is split into “Redeemed” and “Pending” lists via tabs
  • On “Redeemed” tab user is sorted by invite accepted date, descending (so newest accepted on top)
  • On “Pending” tab email is sorted by invite sent date, descending (so newest invite sent on top)

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/3601

(Sam Saffron) #8

#pr-welcome for adding sorting to the list. Tiny impact though cause only a handful of people have invites and even a smaller percent have TONS of invites.