iOS 9.3.5 and blank page

Hello,
We have v2.4.0.beta2 +28 and still have white page issue with iOS 9.3.5.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Anything else we can look at @joffreyjaffeux?

I can see errors in the console when using an iOS 9 device:

This error is due to the fact that we support iOS 10+ and not iOS 9, we would have to add instructions to babel to correctly transpile for iOS 9. Your call @codinghorror @eviltrout .

I’m unsure at this moment if this is something we have added recently which caused this particular usage of const.

2 Likes

iOS 9.3.5 has been released in August 25, 2016…

1 Like

We still show some kind of support for Android 4.4 which is from 2013 though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh yes this is too old to support, sorry!

3 Likes

Android, like Windows and Linux, allows you to update the Chrome browser separate from the OS. In reality we just support a browser that is evergreen for Android.

6 Likes

I have an ipad 3 on ios 9.3.5 here.
I get a blank page for discourse since this summer: reported and fixed then broken again.

Could you activate so called readonly view for ios 9.3.5?

3 Likes

This is fixing it:

Explanation:
Basically Ember added few const declarations in ember.js source code, which are invalid on old version of safaris when declared in use strict.
We could probably have babel do something about it, but for now I just changed them manually to var.

cc @eviltrout

5 Likes

Huh, I would have expected them to transpile those away.

Maybe the version of safari is not supported by Ember anymore?

2 Likes

Yes I didn’t dig much given the fix was pretty easy to do manually, but I guess that’s it

3 Likes

I believe it’s this issue:

4 Likes

Yes that’s this one.

However I tried 3.10.2 and it doesn’t seem like it’s been backported so far. Unless this manual fix causes issues, I suggest we wait for you to do the next Ember upgrade and ensure the fix is present in this upgrade.

3.10.x commits:

4 Likes