Old bug thread (June 2020) https://meta.discourse.org/t/ios-app-viewing-first-forum-erases-notifications-of-second/154329
I’m reopening this because it’s still happening and it’s been almost 3 years since it was first reported! Last time it was taken to DM but was never reproduced or resolved. I’ve clarified everything and made things more succinct in this new thread.
Disappearing unread notifications in iOS app. This is a regular annoyance, it is essentially lost data, and makes managing unread content prone to error.
- iOS app
- receive like notifications across two forums
- read forum 1
- back to list
- like notification badge on forum 2 disappears!
- (any non-like notification badges remain)
- read forum 2
- tap on my profile, the unread like notification are listed alongside any other notifications
- forum 1: one like notification badge
- forum 2: one DM & two like notification badges
- i read forum 1
- then returned to the forum list
- forum 2’s like notification badge disappeared
- but when I look into the forum 2 notifications page the likes are still listed and marked as new/unread
Why would a refresh of the forum list remove like notifications for a forum that has not been opened, and whose topics have not been read, since the last refresh?