iPad Pro vertical combined frontpage second column pushed down below categories list

(Tobias Eigen) #1

I think the title covers it. I’m not sure why this is happening but on my iPad Pro 9.7 I see what’s in the screenshots below, when vertically looking at my discourse. The second column is pushed below the categories list. This is not the behavior on my laptop or android phone.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I remember @neil fixed something related to this a long time ago. He can advise on the CSS.

(Neil Lalonde) #3

Hmm… I can’t reproduce it, but I changed the CSS so it doesn’t use a margin in between the two columns. Let me know if it fixes it for you.

(Tobias Eigen) #4

thanks, neil! I just updated and am still seeing the same behavior. However, I realized that when logged out it looks fine. It’s only when I am logged in that the behavior occurs. I did not think to check this before so am not sure if it’s any different since you made your changes.

Also, when looking horizontally (but not vertically) my custom menu across the top pushes down to two lines. So I know there is definitely some CSS weirdness on my site when it comes to my ipad.

Could you maybe set up the dual category/latest on try so I can check it there? Maybe we can rule out standard discourse styling that way.

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #5

Meta uses it and works fine.

(Neil Lalonde) #6

@Tobias How do Twitter Community, Airline Pilot Life, and Pimoroni look?

(Tobias Eigen) #7

Actually, no. Meta seems to use the traditional latest view for the homepage.

@neil those sites all look good on my ipad, but then I’m not logged in.

update: I just logged into twitter community and it works fine. so presumably the CSS issues relate to my customizations.

update 2: I just thought to check with safe mode on. and it still does not work properly even with safe mode on, and themes and plugins disabled. So not sure my theme customizations have anything to do with this. mysteriouser and mysteriouser…