Continuing the discussion from Discoursive principles for Discourse 2.0, extracted from there and reformulated:
Is it possible to merge two Discourse instances into one?
A workflow could be like this:
- Export site via admin
- Import tarball via admin
- check sitename
- via subfolder of tarball?
- move assets to target site, do automatic intelligent merge or offer resolving strategies
- transpose/migrate database
- resolve duplicate entries, automerge or conflict handling
- allow manual merge
- content types I am able to identify