Is it possible to put a linked word into the customized user fields?

(Blu McCormick) #1

Is it possible to put a linked word into the customized user fields? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

(Blu McCormick) #2

I would like to link custom user field to a page of the discourse website. Specifically, I would like to have people check a box stating that they’re cool with the forum guidelines.

It will be required at sign up.

I would probably have the custom field say, “I am cool with the guidelines found here” and link the words “found here” to the guidelines themselves.

I found this topic. It is specifically tailored towards creating links in a user’s profile page or card:

So it looks like it’s possible to do what I want to do but it requires adding custom code. What I will do is if I figure this out I will be sure to post here and in the how to topic above to help people out like me who would like to add linked words in a user field in a different area of the forum than the User’s profile page and user card.

(Daniela) #3

Do you mean something like this?

If yes, use Html to do that, e.g.<a href="https://meta.discourse.org">Discourse</a> is amazing!

(Blu McCormick) #4

I LOVE your example. Discourse is amazing!

Worked like a charm. Woohooooo. Here is the customized user field that members see at sign up:

45%20AM

Thanks, Dax. I’ll post this in the how to topic as well for the non-coders like me.