Is there a test database with a larger number of posts/users?

(Tomosovich) #1

Hey guys,

I’m looking to run some stress testing on a discourse test environment. Is there a pre populated database that I could load into the install to facilitate some stress testing. I’m just looking to learn how it scales so I can see when I would need to scale the server that it is running on. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Populating a test database with large number of posts/users?
(Homebrew Hops) #2

While I don’t know if what you want exists, I did want to point you to this discussion which happens to contain very useful information for scaling. Migrating a 10m PI forum - hardware requirements & performance

(Gerhard Schlager) #3

You could try adapting the profile_db_generator.rb script which is used for benchmarking Discourse.

(Tomosovich) #4

Thank you @homebrewhops That actually does help a lot. For some reason I had it in my head that DC would use more resources than that. I’ll try the benchmarking script and see how we go there.

I figure that since i’m starting out, scaling should move fairly fluidly. I am not migrating an existing user base of 10m people over to discourse. The posts there and the answers seem to suggest that I’ll be fine at least for a while.

Thanks guys!

Sorry, how would one execute this script? Still new to Ruby and all this stuff.