Is there a way to list all topics that I am tracking or watching?

(Dave H) #1

As the title says… If I want for example to mass-unwatch topics, how would I do so?

(Sam Saffron) #2

Sorry, no ui for that yet, recategorizing as a feature req.

(Bill Ayakatubby) #3

Please count my vote for this feature. A list of muted posts would be great, too.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

I agree that we need this. But first we need a way to select multiple topics for an action on the topic list, since the “list of topics I am watching” would be very, very similar to the topic list… and certainly you’d want to maybe select some of those, and stop watching them.

(Sam Saffron) #5

Yes this is now possible albeit awkward. We will get a better UI in place in future.

(wow 1 and a half years in the making)

(Jeff Atwood) #6

(Jonathas Spalding) #7

Any way to filter by multiple states? For instance, a topic list with my watching and tracking topics.

(Sam Saffron) #8

We don’t support OR operators in search quite yet (still not convinced we need it) . So no way to do it atm unless I hack in an extra filter.

(Jonathas Spalding) #9

What I’m looking for is a way to list all the topics I’m “following”, that’s why I need “watching or tracking”.

The Unread view shows exactly this except that when you open the topic and read the new posts, it is no longer listed.

If you can consider this I will be happy with any approach; new url filter, search operator, other hack… :smiley: :thumbsup:

(Sam Saffron) #10

I can add a search operator, but what would we name it?

“following” is incorrect, “tracking_or_watching” is too long. @codinghorror ideas?

(Jeff Atwood) #11

Dunno, this is really an or clause. Maybe notifications? I actually think the or case is correct.

(Jonathas Spalding) #12

I agree that “tracking_or_watching” is too long but I also can’t find a better name…

notifications seems ok to me. Maybe subscribed ?

(Stephanie) #13

stalking ? surveilling ?

(Jonathas Spalding) #14

Actually notifications make it seems that I’m searching for something in https://meta.discourse.org/my/notifications

I don’t think these words correctly describes what we’re trying to list.

(Stephanie) #15

“Stalking” was just me being goofy.

(Sam Saffron) #16

forget-me-now-not?

(Jonathas Spalding) #17

i-can-see-everything?

No, seriously… subscribed is the most accurate term after tracking-or-watching in my opinion.

(Sam Saffron) #18

we don’t use the term subscribed anywhere, I think “notifications” or “notified” is the most correct here.

(Stephanie) #19

What about “notifying”? I feel like it’s better to keep it a verb since verbs are used for the relevant notification states.

(se oli tonnin seteli) #20

Is there a way to list all (visited or otherwise) topics that have unread posts?