Issue with only being able to create topics and reply only a certain amount of times on first day

Hi,

My name is Sno Erika Stagemantis aka STANDARD_DEVIATION_FUNLAND and I am one of the users of the NaNoWrimo Discourse server. I have just started using their server today.

The only thing I do not like is that the amount of times I can post a thread/question and reply to others is limited on my first day, and I had a bunch more questions I needed to ask on that server. Below is what I’m getting when I try to create another thread:

You’ve reached the maximum number of topics a new user can create on their first day. Please wait 22 hours before trying again.

Can you please remove this limit? It is rather frustrating when I have multiple questions and I can only post so many every 22 hours.

I also notice that I can’t even fit my entire username, which is why it only says STANDARD_DEVIATION_F.

Thank you.

• Sno Erika Stagemantis aka STANDARD_DEVIATION_FUNLAND

I also can’t even message other users without it saying You’ve reached the maximum number of topics a new user can create on their first day. Please wait 22 hours before trying again.

This is frustrating just because it’s my first day. I don’t like having to wait just to post my question and reply to other users because I don’t like them having to wait for 22 hours either.

Remove this limit please. It would be greatly appreciated.

If not, why is this limit imposed on new and first day users?

This is a standard safety feature to prevent spammers and bad actors from damaging sites when they first sign up. After 24 hours those restrictions are lifted.

1 Like