Jittery scrolling on categories view

Hi,

I noticed this a few days ago but didn’t think too much of it at the time but seeing it again and again I thought I’d raise it.

Using my mobile to browse our hosted solution and meta, if I scroll down on the categories view it seems to be a bit jittery, almost bounce. I initially thought this might be some kind of delay loading the content as I scrolled down, but it seems to do it when I scroll back up also.

I am scrolling fairly swiftly but still at a readable pace. Galaxy S6 if it is of any help.

Any thoughts/issues?

Are your category images using dynamic resizing? That will always be problematic. Image sizes should be fixed and known in advance in the markup, so page layout can be accurately predicted.

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply, to answer your question, I don’t know. Where would I check this?

We had a previous issue with images which got much larger, then much smaller and then there was a tweak made for us to set a max-width I believe, so I guess they could be.

This is a CSS thing I guess?

Update

Hey Jeff, just occurred to me, I experience this here on meta too as mentioned above, and you don’t have any images on the main categories view (other than some little icons)?