Jump to first post, topic progress overlapped by You have a post draft in progress

(Reprove Me) #1

Cannot see “↑ 3 of 4 ↓” when You have a post draft in progress. Click anywhere in this box to resume editing.

(Peter Stoinov) #2

The edit box does not hide the read indicator - if you scroll it should show up.
This indicator is always shown at the last post you’ve read and is not moved to be in view.

(Sam Saffron) #3

Yes, have known about this for a while, there is no trivial fix PR welcome.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Well, we should at least fix the z-order, so the progress bar is on top of the draft panel @sam.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Still an issue

You can in fact click on the progress bar but it is barely visible.

(Sam Saffron) #6

The general way to fix this is to “ship” the topic progress widget into the composer div and position it absolutely above the line.

That will make the expansion work seamlessly.

There is one issue though, you need to tear it back to its original spot when you scroll below the last post (so it docks)

It may make sense to just pull the entire widget out of ember and do direct jquery rendering here.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

Actually the opposite, we need to fork the editor and rebuild it in Ember… @eviltrout says it will be a lot less code.

Plus I want that hideous godforsaken undo / redo crap deleted from the editor with extreme prejudice, Chuck Norris style.

(Sam Saffron) #8

Totally unrelated, this issue here is that we have a perf sensitive component that needs to travel the DOM

I don’t mind how it’s done as long as perf does not suffer and we don’t reflow

(Régis Hanol) #9

After much try, this is now fixed :wolf:

(Sam Saffron) #10

Not quite ready to autoclose this, its acting a bit quirky.

Not showing up after first expand on mac chrome.

Not hiding correctly after collapse. I think the after transition stuff is dodge, you are probably gonna have to either cheat or go with original plan of positioning absolutely

(Régis Hanol) #11

Right now it’s only re-positionning the progress bar when the page is being scrolled. Thus, the quirkyness when opening/closing the composer.

I’ll see what I can do to fix it without performance regression.

(Kane York) #12

I think you can just call the repositioning method when the composer is opened, closed, collapsed, or expanded.

(Sam Saffron) #13

Getting the timing right is not trivial.

(Régis Hanol) #14

Here’s take #2 :crocodile:

(Jeff Atwood) #15

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.